Night sweats are repeated episodes of intense perspiration that can also soak your nightclothes or bedding and are related to an underlying clinical condition or illness.
You may be once in a while awaken after having perspired excessively, especially if you are napping below too many blankets or if your bedroom is too warm. Although uncomfortable, these episodes are normally no longer labeled as night sweats and usually aren’t a sign of a medical problem.
In general, night time sweats are additionally associated with fever, weight loss, localized pain, cough, diarrhea, or other signs and symptoms of concern.
CAUSES OF NIGHT TIME SWEATS
The most frequent reasons for night sweats are:
- Menopause signs and symptoms hot flushes, some antidepressants, steroids, and painkillers
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Alcohol or drug use
- Sleep disorders such as sleep apnoea
- Some infections
- Some kinds of cancer or tumor
- A harmless condition referred to as hyperhidrosis that makes you sweat too plenty all the time.
Hot flashes and night sweats are known as vasomotor symptoms. Risk elements for growing these signs include:
- Being excessively lazy and inactive
- Having a physique mass index (BMI) over 30
- Smoking cigarettes
- Experiencing stress.
Healthy lifestyle changes such as enhancing diet, becoming more active and not smoking can be challenging, however, they can assist with vasomotor symptoms.
SOME TIPS TO OVERCOME HYPER SWEATING:
Putting these ingredients in your daily diet can help you from overcoming the symptoms of excessive sweating at night times.
- Fruits like Banana, Blueberry
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Water
- Hemp Seed
- Oats / Oatmeal
- Roots like Yam
- Drinking a good amount of water to make up with the dehydration caused by sweating.
- Take cold water baths.
HYPER SWEATING AS PER AYURVEDA
According to Ayurveda, this condition is known as Swedadhikya which in terms means as Sweda – Sweating and Dhikya – Excessive. In the ayurvedic text,s this condition is not explained as a separate disease but in several contexts, this is mentioned as a major sign or symptom of the severe disease. Excessive sweating is mainly seen in PITTA body constitution and those who are suffering from pitta imbalanced diseases.